Friday, November 26, 2010

So Far Away Yet So Close

Being on the bottom half of the world has its benefits, but one of them surely is not being away from family. Though occasionally things happen that seem to make the distance more tolerable.

A few days ago, some volunteers assigned with the responsibility of purchasing fruit from the fruit market twice a week came home and mentioned they had purchased pears this week that were imported from Washington. So as I examined the box they came in I was surprised to find the following...

Those of you from the Rogers clan should recognize Lake Chelan. Seeing this took me back to my very cloudy memories of the vacations we'd spend there on the ranch. I was young enough that most of my 'memories' visually come from the pictures I looked at growing up. Although I do not remember much of those times together as a family, I do remember the more recent times together and cherish them.

We love and miss you all. And it's like they say, it's a small world after all

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE things that make us think of home - as in the home we grew up in. thanks for sharing that. AND i love the photos of you and dani with the kids. i have yet to see a photo of the 2 of you where you don't look happy and content.

    sending our love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imported some Chelan apples into Nevada once in the back of a
    suburban. Your Trout pears had a much longer ride.

    Love this blog, both your voices and the pictures.

    MOM

    ReplyDelete