Sunday, November 21, 2010

Danika initiated her first phone call in spanish

It has rained off and on almost every day this week, so we had pictured spending our weekend indoors. However we woke up Saturday morning to a bright sunlight and clear sky. That’s when I told Lee, “Remember how the Arciniegas family invited us to use their swimming pool whenever we wished to?! Well, I’d like to give Tami Arciniegas a call and see if today is convenient, would you help me prep for the phone call?” So together we put together what I’d like to say and then I gave her a call on speakerphone.

“Podria hablar con Tami?”

“De parte de quien?” (it was her son).

“Soy Danika Rogers,” (pronounced Royers) I replied.

While he went to find Tami I decided to take it off speakerphone so I could hear better, but I accidentally hung up. Opps.

I called back and this time Tami answered.

“ Hola Tami, soy Danika. Nos dijo que podriamos pasar y usar su pescina. Es conviniente hoy?” I asked.

“Si pero me deben advisar con tiempo para calentar al agua,” Tami replied.

“Esta bien no importa,” I said.

“Pasen no mas.” She said.

"Gracias! Pues vamos a ir."

We quickly gathered our things and walked to the Arciniegas home 25 minutes away.

The pool was cold, but lovely.

Fue exactamente lo que necitamos ayer!

2 comments:

  1. Bien Danika. Que linda! (the pool and you of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Danika! It's SO hard to talk and translate (in your head) and actually think at the same time.

    ReplyDelete