Sunday, October 24, 2010

Just for laughs

Ismael (10 years old) always talks about how he wishes he had long( masculine) hair. Last Sunday at Dinner, Ismael leaned in close to his sister Sammy and draped her hair over his head. That caught the attention of the 10 volunteers who were also eating dinner with us. We all laughed.

Then Sammy said, " Quiero ver mi papi como rubio!" I looked around the room wondering whose hair she wanted to use, because I am definitely not blonde anymore.
Then she said ," Pues, el pelo de Danika!"I contested and explained that my hair is NOT blonde and she replied, " Si, lo es!" Finally she said, " rubio es algo menos oscuro de nuestro pelo." That was so funny to me because before we moved here my Dads response to me dying my hair was, "you're still going to be blonde to the people in Ecuador, you know that right?!." I didn't believe him then , but I believe him now!

This is Rodrigo with me standing behind him


Some how it turned into a not so masculine evening as the women pressed the men to try out these new looks...

Ishmael with a wig on standing with Sammy


Lee's turn

Rodrigo with Laura hair, a volunteer from Canada


Rodrigo with the wig

Lastly, Lee with my hair! haha!

1 comment: