Thursday, June 17, 2010

Candy?

Every taxi I have been in drives really fast and crazy do not have seat belts. Something I will just have to get used to because we take taxis daily. The taxi we took into town tonight was no exception. We went to eat in Calderon park at a resturant called Raymipamba. The resturant was beautiful and for dinner we ordered a shrimp dish to slit it. The meal was good, however, my favorite part of our date was the "candy" the waiter brought us after we paid for the meal. Lee asked me if i would like one and I said yes and then he offered me mint or cherry and I chose mint. I put it in my mouth gave lee a perplexed look and said, " they gave us cough drops?!" to which lee smerked and said,"Guess its considered candy here." We had a good laugh,simple but so funny!

1 comment:

  1. Quite the surprise! I hope it cleared your throat up too. ;) Seems that cough drops are a staple candy anywhere outside the US. It sure was in the Philippines. How minty was it?

    ReplyDelete